Message Board


web stats

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hukuman ng Mamamayan (Jury System)

Berteni C. Causing sent a message to the members of HUKUMAN NG MAMAMAYAN (JURY SYSTEM).

--------------------
Subject: Jury advocacy is born in Tuguegarao City!

I have just arrived from a trip to Tuguegarao City where I guested as a speaker on juryism.

The result: WE HAVE SUCCEEDED in converting more than 200 people there in actively campaigning for the installation of jury systems in the Philippines.  They have pledged to knock on doors to solicit signatures for the petition to install jury system in our beloved country!

The event held at Moon Garden Resort Convention Hall in Tuguegarao City was organized by another jury advocacy group from London named "Philippine Jury International," led by Daisy Brett-Holt. Visit her site at http://www.facebook.com/l/b35d1;philippinejury.com.

I credit Miss Daisy for organizing Katarungang Pangsambayanan Inc. headquartered in Ballesteros, Cagayan. This local group is under the umbrella of Philippine Jury International organized in United Kingdom. I supposed this is a group separate from Miss Ana Maravilla's. This Tuguegarao event was all paid for by Miss Daisy and her partner Miss Merle of Pangasinan.  They took advantage of their vacation to stage this event.

What Miss Daisy and Miss Merle advocated is "Trial by Jury."  I introduced all of them to the idea of having a Grand Jury in tandem with Trial Jury and they all attentively listened when I spoke broadly. All sorts of questions expected were asked during the open forum held in the afternoon of the event. I spoke with passion, sending them all in awe whenever I cite gory stories what could have not have happened if the jury system were already installed. No one was talking when I was talking. When I spoke, my tears were about to fall because the face of Vic del Fierro was in my mind as I was delivering my impassioned speech.  He was the first person who introduced jury idea to me. Then it was followed up by Sir Marlowe Camello and Ana Maravilla, who was passionate and persistent in convincing me into the idea. The rest became history.

After the event, everybody came to me and extended firm and warm handshake, pledging they will campaign all out for the jury establishment.

The group was composed of at least five barangay chairmen of Cagayan province and the members of the protestant congregation that hosted the place for the event.

In that event, I brought with me my partner, Atty. Cirilo P. Sabarre Jr. of Calbayog City, my earlier convert to juryism. I also brought with me the president of the Post Office union.

From that event, my heart grew drastically fonder for Jury establishment.

From that event, I also learned that it is now high time to shift to higher gear in the educational campaign for jury: by means of visiting all provinces for a jury talk and bringing along campaign materials to be distributed to them and data book to have all attendees sign their name and write their basic personal information and contact numbers.

With this, I now see the necessity of printing out at least 5 MILLION LEAFLETS to be handed out. I do not know how to finance this.  Of course, I would need transportation expenses in sorties to all provinces.

The HMMI Articles and By Laws are due for filing this Monday before the SEC.

By the way, I have forged an agreement with Ma'am Daisy that we will pool our strength and divide the work on geographical basis to be more effective. I am also looking forward to have a fairly long strategy-formation meeting with Ma'am Elvie Medina and Mama Cita on this. We need to focus on people we think we can have better chances of converting.

Please see the photos of the launch onhttp://www.facebook.com/l/b35d1;philjury.ning.com/photo/albums/jury-launch-in-tuguegarao-city.



Patriotically yours,


Toto Causing
--------------------

No comments:

20th National Tuna Congress Broke Records!

Ms. Rosana Contreras, Executive Director of Socsksargen Fishing and Allied Industries Incorporated (SFFAII), Friday, said that the 20 th N...